Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this website. By using this website, you are confirming that you are 18 years of age or over.
These terms and conditions provide you with the terms on which you may use our website www.thebigsynergy.org (“our site”) as a user, visitor or subscriber.
2. About us
2.1 The website www.thebigsynergy.org is operated by the Centre for Big Synergy (‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’), a company limited by guarantee (Company number 11529720), registered in England and Wales and have our registered office at Office7, 35-37 Ludgate Hill, London, England, EC4M 7JN.
2.2 The term ‘you’ refers to the users, visitors or subscribers of our site. The use of this website is subject to the following terms:
3. Changes to Terms and site availability
3.1 We may revise these Terms and Conditions from time to time. It is your responsibility to check these periodically for any changes. If you continue to use the site, it will mean that you agree to any changes. These Terms and conditions were most recently updated on 5 July 2019.
3.2 The site content and design are subject to change without prior notice. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict all or any part of our site for technical or business reasons. In case of such suspension or withdrawal, we will try to give you sufficient notice beforehand.
4. Intellectual property rights and use of website
4.1 The site content, logos, graphics, design, layout, data, databases and trademarks published on the site are owned by us and protected by intellectual property and copyright laws. All such rights are reserved.
4.2 All trademarks, logos or copyright materials reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to us, are acknowledged on the website.
4.3 The website can be used for personal and lawful purposes only. You may download and print content from the site for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided that all copyright notices and trademarks are acknowledged and published. Use of the site for any commercial purpose is totally prohibited including:
- copying, downloading or modifying material from our site or linking our site to other websites for further redistribution, sale or licensing, for a fee or otherwise;
- material from our site should not be republished without our permission, including republication of materials on another website, except for content that has been specifically and expressly made available for the purpose of redistribution;
- incorporating our website content on other site(s) or service(s) for the purpose of advertisement for a fee or otherwise;
- use of our site materials for promotional or advertising purposes, via any channels, whether for a fee or otherwise;
- use of our site content for the purpose of sale, resale, sub-licensing, loan, hire, transfer or for any other commercial use or for other online or print works without our permission;
- modifying, editing or deforming any content on our site, as well as publishing or showing any content from the site in public domains or publications, without proper accreditation of the original source.
You must not:
- on any occasion systematically download, print or modify any part of our site or create copies of our site content in any language or code;
- use our trade mark, copyright materials or logos without our prior written consent;
- distribute or make available by electronic means to any third party, paper or electronic copies of our site content for illegal or commercial use;
- use any bots, web crawler or any other technology to index the site content or to scrape, build databases or otherwise create permanent copies of any part of our site. The cached copies kept by you should not be longer than permitted by the cache header;
- deliberately misuse our site by introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, spyware, adware or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful or designed to adversely affect the operation of our site or of any computer software or hardware related or connected to it;
- under no circumstances attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site and /or attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. In such a case, we will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
5. Use of site content
5.1 The content of our site is for your general information and use only. The content should not be considered as any form of advice on which you should rely on without thorough verification. Although, we make all efforts to update the information, neither we nor any third parties on the site make no warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability and up to date of the information and materials found or offered on our site for any particular purpose whatsoever. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5.2 Your use of any information or materials on our site is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through our site meet your specific requirements. The site can have contents from professionals from different fields and they may have varied opinions and comments on specific topics or fields of work or practice. However, you should be aware that any field of work or research is subject to regular advances, hence we strongly advise that you should independently verify any information you may choose to use or rely on.
6. Third-party material and links
We do not endorse, own or take responsibility for any third party advertisements, information, services, products, promotions, materials or content that may be described, offered, advertised or otherwise displayed on our site. Our site may also contain links to external sites and companies. Links are provided for your ease of use, and do not imply any kind of approval or endorsement from our side. We are not responsible or have no control over the contents, resources and functionality of those website(s) and accept no responsibility for any loss or damages that may arise from your use of them. We are not responsible for any website outside our site, and use of any such website will be subject to relevant terms and conditions and privacy policies of the respective websites.
7. User- generated content
User generated content may be posted or uploaded to our site, materials posted via platform, discussion boards and on our groups and networks. You should be aware that this information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values. You are allowed to upload, submit, post, send and receive content. You are solely responsible for all electronic communications and content you upload, submit, post or send.
8. Link to our site
8.1 We allow you to link to our pages, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our web presence , brand value, reputation or take undue advantage of it.
8.2 On linking to our site you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement from our side where none exists. You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the ones that are allowed. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice, in case of any breach of our terms. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Terms and conditions. If you would like to make link to our site or use any published content for your site you can contact us via the link provided below.
9. Permission and re-use
If you intend to request for permission for use of our content, logos or images, or other use of our intellectual property not authorised in these Terms or under a subscription or licence agreement, contact us here.
10. Rights and permission on content uploaded
10.1 Any material or content uploaded to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary where you retain all of your ownership rights in your content but for such content or material uploaded to our site you grant us a transferable, royalty free, worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to store, use, copy, distribute, edit, amend, disclose, publish, sub-licence to third parties and create different versions of the works for any purpose, in any media. You grant us the right to remove, edit or amend any such material at any time without notice to you and/or compensation to you or others by us.
10.2 We will have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who claims that any content or material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their copyright or intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
10.3 We also have the right to remove any post or content you make or upload on our site if, in our opinion, they do not comply with the content standards of our site or if it is considered to be malicious or unacceptable in all forms or shapes. You should backup your content before uploading or publishing it on our website.
11. Protection against virus
Although we take all necessary steps to protect the site and servers used including secure connections, firewalls and server protections, we do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses at all times. You are responsible for your own online protection, use your own virus protection, and configure your information technology, computer programmes and platforms to access our site.
12. Use of your personal data
13. Limitation of liability
13.1 You agree that your use of our site is at your own risk and that any damage or loss arising from your use and/or any reliance placed on its contents is your sole responsibility. However, nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence including employees, agents or subcontractors, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
13.2 To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
13.3 We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
(a) use of, or inability to use, our site; or
(b) use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
(c) loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
(d) business interruption;
(e) loss of anticipated savings;
(f) loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
(g) any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
13.4 If you are an individual user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
13.5 We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it. We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as approval or endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
14. Law and jurisdiction
14.1 These Terms and conditions and any dispute or claim resulting from or out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
14.2 The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to and/or use of our site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these Terms and conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
15. Contact us
If you have any queries, comments or complaints please see contact us here.